Why take this course?
After completing this course, you will be able to
- Define the basic constructs and concepts of relational databases
- Describe the fundamental components of DB2
- Code basic SQL statements to access DB2 tables
- Execute SQL statements using SPUFI under QMF
- Create Application Plans using BIND under DB2I and in batch
- Authorize users to access DB2 applications
- Execute programs using DB2 in batch
- Diagnose Authorization and Synchronization errors in DB2 application use
- Issue appropriate DB2 commands
- Describe the DB2 address spaces and interfaces
- Execute DB2 utilities, including COPY, MERGECOPY, RECOVER, REORG, and RUNSTATS.
3 Days : Fee - $ 1,997.00 (CAD) : Multi-seat - $ 1,347.00 (CAD)
AudienceOperational personnel who need to work with DB2 systems and who provide operational support for applications that make use of DB2.
PrerequisitesThe student should have experience using TSO/ISPF, and have an understanding of z/OS data set concepts.
Major topics covered
- Relational data base concepts
- DB2 concepts
- DB2 address spaces
- DB2 interfaces
- SQL - SELECT
- COMMIT / ROLLBACK
- DB2 objects
- DB2 system catalog
- DB2 commands
- BIND / REBIND / FREE
- Security and Authorization
- Problem diagnosis
- DB2 utilities
- DB2 logs
- Batch processing methods
- Monitoring performance